Family: Industrial lubricants
Synthetic hydraulic oil
It is a hydraulic oil for hydraulic controls, bearings, gears and kinematics in general, with a high viscosity index, suitable in all those cases where the harsh operating conditions require a lubricant with an ISO VG 46 grade with anti-wear properties, which reduces to minimum mechanical wear of pumps, valves and mechanical parts usually in motion. It is particularly suitable in all those cases where, due to the heavy operating conditions or to the construction design or to the environmental temperature conditions (high temperature changes), it is necessary to use an anti-wear oil with a viscosity index particularly high and with excellent fluidity at low temperatures.
It is also recommended when the possible overheating of the oil could cause a reduction in viscosity that could compromise the functionality and efficiency of the hydraulic circuit. The high viscosity index guarantees a lower viscosity reduction as the temperature increases.
It is a "stabilized" oil, in the sense that it retains its chemical-physical and technological properties for long periods of service, making it particularly suitable for hydraulic circuits and hydrostatic lubrication systems operating under severe operating conditions, due to pressure , operating temperature range, oil charge circulation ratio, water pollution risk, etc.
It is “ashless”, fully synthetic hydrocarbon-based, with anti-wear additives, anti-corrosive antioxidants free of zinc.
Thanks to this, SPRINTER SY HVI ZF 46 allows a very long stay in service of the charges, even in the presence of high operating temperatures and high amounts of air, conditions that exacerbate the tendency to thermal-oxidative decay of the oil. Provided that the filtration system has been carefully studied according to the level of cleaning required by the components in the circuit, this oil, compared with conventional mineral based hydraulic oils, avoids the occurrence of irregular functioning of the servovalves and the clogging of the filters caused by the formation of sludge and deposits.
It retains, finely dispersed in emulsion, a small amount of water, such as that due to atmospheric condensation, preventing it from compromising the proper functioning of the hydraulic circuit. In the case of pollution caused by large quantities of water, SPRINTER SY HVI ZF 46 allows rapid separation and purging.
It also guarantees the constant presence of a veil of oil on all the lubricated surfaces, to which, even if in very thin layer, it offers an effective protection against rust, both during service and during periods of plant standstill.
The modern power transmission hydraulic circuits, in fact, equipped with extremely efficient filtration systems (up to 1 micron below), allow not only to obtain a very high operating performance, but also exceptional durability of oil charge, unthinkable only until a few years ago.
The following properties are required for oil, all guaranteed over time by SPRINTER SY HVI ZF 46:
- maximum level of anti-wear power over time of ashless type, without ash, for durations of over 25,000 hours, as verified by analytical monitoring;
- maximum degree of filterability of the oil (even at the lowest micrometre) to avoid not only the clogging of the filters, but also the depletion of the additives;
- extraordinary resistance to oxidation, thermal decay, hydrolysis and aging of oil, obtained through the qualitative selection of both the synthetic base and the additives used;
- excellent antifoam power, air release ("air release") and water demulsion;
- excellent anti-rust and anticorrosive power of the mechanical parts.
It also has a very high Viscosity Index for:
- reduce the loss of viscosity in the presence of high temperatures and thus guarantee the efficiency of the power transmission system;
- improve the viscoelastic response of the oil to intermittent loading stresses.